Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Maple Leaf Quilt Block and Tea with Anne (with an e)

Maple Leaf Quilt Block on Point
 
After I finished teaching for the morning, I had an Anne (with an e!) Day!  I finished reading Anne of Avonlea, the second book in The Anne of Green Gables series by L. M. Montgomery.  (I'm taking part in the Lucy Maud Montgomery Challenge during the month of January.)
 
Then I watched the wonderful Anne of Green Gables video that I picked up from the library.  (I had been on the waiting list for awhile.)  I've seen this video several times but always enjoy it.  It really stays close to the book. 
 
My husband built a fire for me while I watched the movie.
 
I also enjoyed tea time.
 
 
When I bought these miniature daffodil bulbs two days ago, no flowers were blooming yet.
 
 
They are so cheerful in January!
 
 
My Polish pottery tea-for-one
 
 
I mix and match different blue patterns with my Polish pottery.
 
 
I found some delicious Maple Crème sandwich cookies that were perfect for a tea time with Anne from Prince Edward Island, Canada!
 
Maple Leaf Quilt Block
You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post More Burp Cloths Made from Cloth Diapers.

10 comments:

  1. I love seeing your quilt blocks! And your tea time while watching Anne is lovely in blue, white and yellow. This colorway is always so cheery and fresh. I am glad you are enjoying the Anne series.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne stories are VERY POPULAR in Japan. (And those cookies are one of my favorite store-bought ones).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne of Green Gables is a favourite movie and I have all her books. Your colours are so pretty with the blue, white, and yellow daffodils. Very spring-like! Thank you for sharing and coming to tea.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea cups and quilts, can it get any better? Thank you for joining us for Tea Cup Tuesday. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that particular quilt block pattern and the colors you have chosen. Tea in front of the fire watching favorite movies , oh now, that is the way to spend a lovely day , or make a day lovely !

    I like your Polish pottery , it is such a bold and cheerful design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your books, I find the writing to be some of the very best! The descriptions of scenery are so vivid. Tea sounds like a great accompaniment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am a big fan of Anne of Green Gables! I would love to visit Prince Edward Island. Your polish pottery is wonderful. I don't have any but admire many things I don't necessarily have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have quite a collection of Polish Pottery and really enjoy using it. Your's is lovely. I bought most of mine in this wonderful shop ...http://jozartdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/happy-easter.html but my DD was gifted all of her DH's 95 yr old grandmothers old pottery who lived in Germany near the Polish border.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maple leaf mini quilts were what I gave as presents this past Christmas. I give a new mini quilt to go on the frame I gave several years ago to most of my family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cozy post! Gorgeous quilt pattern and a wonderful setting for tea! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!