Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Quilters' Book Club April Selection and a Winner!


Do you love to quilt AND love to read?  I invite you to join the free, online Quilters' Book Club.  Each month, we read a book, discuss it through comments on my blog posts, and then make a quilt block to represent that book.  I research several potential blocks to go with the book's themes, setting, main characters, and events.  And I find the patterns free on the internet, making it easy for everyone to access.  Each member can choose the block or blocks they'd like to make.

To join, become a follower of my blog so you won't miss any blog post.  To make it super convenient, you can also sign up for my posts to be delivered right to you via email.  It is never too late to join and begin reading and sewing along with us.     


Our book to read and discuss during April 2014 is A Thread of Truth by Marie Bostwick.  It's the second book in her Cobbled Court Quilts series.  Get the book from your local library or bookstore and join us!  It's also available on Kindle right here. 


"At twenty-seven, having fled an abusive marriage with little more than her kids and the clothes on her back, Ivy Peterman figures she has nowhere to go but up. Quaint, historic New Bern, Connecticut, seems as good a place as any to start fresh. With a part-time job at the Cobbled Court Quilt Shop and budding friendships, Ivy feels hopeful for the first time in ages. But when a popular quilting TV show is taped at the quilt shop, Ivy's unwitting appearance in an on-air promo alerts her ex-husband to her whereabouts. Suddenly, Ivy is facing the fight of her life - one that forces her to face her deepest fears as a woman and a mother. This time, however, she's got a sisterhood behind her: companions as complex, strong, and lasting as the quilts they stitch..."

* * * * * * And We Have Our Winner for March * * * * * *
 
 Terry Palardy
 is the winner of a copy of
A Time for Peace (Quilts of Lancaster County) by Barbara Cameron
 
Congratulations! 
Send your mailing address to starwoodquilter@gmail.com
and we will get your prize right out to you!

 
Have you read any of Marie Bostwick's other books?  Inquiring minds want to know.   By commenting, you'll be entering this month's give-away of Marie Bostwick's newest book APART AT THE SEAMS, coming out the end of this month.  Three lucky people will each win a copy, courtesy of Kensington Publishing!  If you are reading this via email, you must click on the title of my blog post to be able to comment and read the comments of others.  The winner will be announced on May 1.
 
May Book Selection: These Is My Words: the Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine by Nancy Turner, Historical Fiction based on the life of the author's great-grandmother, set in Arizona Territory, 1881-1901
 

You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post April Redwork Snowman and A Splash of April


20 comments:

  1. I've read most of her books. They're good reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read most of her books, also! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading the third book right now. I have five of her books. I like the way that she writes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be the first of hers that I have read. Have friends who love her books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I've read them all. Actually, I listen to the audiobooks. Great for sewing. I enjoy listening to a good book as I fall asleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had not read any of her books until beginning this book club. My April book is still in the mail and I am looking forward to its arrival and hope I am home because I know it won't fit in the mail slot.
    Thanks so much for choosing great reads and congratulations to Terry. (Won't she have a great time with that book)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Read all of them so far. Liked some better than others but that's the way it is with most book series

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be the only one that has not read any of them. I spend most of my time reading quilting books and blogs if I'm reading. Otherwise I'm sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only read one so I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read all of her books and waiting for the next one to be released shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is another book I will have to get on inter library loan if I want to read it. My library has a couple of other books she has written, so perhaps I'll just read one of those instead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You will LOVE These Is My Words, as well as Nancy E. Turner's other books, Sarah's Quilt and The Star Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have read Marie Bostwick's A Thread of Truth, but haven't read any others yet. So many good books, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marie Bostwick is a new writer to me. I have just requested "Thread of Truth" through my local library and I am looking forward to reading it. I want to also try to get the first book in the series to read.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read any of her books, but I have requested the entire series from the library, so it won't be long until I am "in the know".

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've read them all! Loaned to my sister in law and now my Mother is reading them! I am new to quilting and the cover caught my eye, waiting for the new book😊

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've read all of them and last year read them again while waiting for Between Heaven and Texas to come out. Anxiously awaiting Apart at the Seams the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've read none, until about 30 minutes ago I hadn't heard of Marie Bostwick. New to this book club and ready to start with the May book (so long as Amazon produces the goods).

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have read all the books in this series and have down loaded several of her other books to my Kindle to read. At the moment I am reading finishing some other books so I can dive into new ones.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!