Monday, January 20, 2014

My Irish Great-Grandpa Quilt Up Close and Personal Part I

I created my Irish Great-Grandpa Sampler Quilt to accompany a biography of my great grandfather, James Lynch, written by my grandmother, Hazel Lynch Skonberg.  Read the idea behind the quilt. 
 
My long-armer and friend, Jane Heroux, did a wonderful job quilting my Irish Great-Grandpa Sampler Quilt.  The block above is the Celtic Twist.  You can find the link to the free pattern and the biography portion behind this block right here

This is the second block, the Broken Irish Chain.  Click here for pattern information as well as the biography portion this block represents. 
 
I really enjoy the combination of quilting and family history.  There are thousands of quilt block patterns, so it is not difficult to find a pattern to represent a portion of your family history.  Try it!  I think you'll enjoy it!
 
Have you ever combined quilting and history?  Inquiring minds want to know!
 
You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post Night and Day Quilt Block and a Song for Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done! Quilting is awesome and I like the color scheme you chose for your fabrics! Kathy Aho in MN

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting is awesome, The whole quilt is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!