Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Cobblestones Quilt Block and The Setting of A Thread of Truth

Bricks and Cobblestones Quilt Block (just the Cobblestones part)

Do you love to quilt AND love to read?  I invite you to join the free, online Quilters' Book Club.  Each month, we read a book, discuss it through comments on my blog posts, and then make a quilt block to represent that book.  I research several potential blocks to go with the book's themes, setting, main characters, and events.  And I find the patterns free on the internet, making it easy for everyone to access.  Each member can choose the block or blocks they'd like to make.

To join, become a follower of my blog so you won't miss any blog post.  To make it super convenient, you can also sign up for my posts to be delivered right to you via email.    


Our book to read and discuss during April 2014 is A Thread of Truth by Marie Bostwick.  It's the second book of her Cobbled Court Quilts series.  Get the book from your local library or bookstore and join us!  It's also available on Kindle right here. 


A Thread of Truth takes place in the small New England town of New Bern, Connecticut in contemporary times.  New Bern is a fictional town, though very similar to the rural town in Connecticut where the author actually lives.      

I found the following quilt block patterns free online that go with the setting of Evelyn's quilt shop, Cobbled Court Quilts, and the village of New Bern, Connecticut. 

Bricks and Cobblestones  (just the Cobblestones part)
Cobblestone
Connecticut
State of Connecticut
The Courtyard
Yankee Puzzle
Yankee Puzzle Variation

Have you ever lived in or visited Connecticut?  Inquiring minds want to know!  By commenting, you'll be entering this month's give-away of Marie Bostwick's newest book APART AT THE SEAMS, coming out the end of this month.  Three lucky people will each win a copy, courtesy of Kensington Publishing!  If you are reading this via email, you must click on the title of my blog post to be able to comment and read the comments of others.  The winner will be announced on May 1.

Looking ahead to the May Book Selection: These Is My Words: the Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine by Nancy Turner, Historical Fiction based on the life of the author's great-grandmother, set in Arizona Territory, 1881-1901
 

You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post Baseball Star Quilt Block and Baseball Parks

10 comments:

  1. I live in Groton, CT!
    Mejayne
    Jalalonde@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in Massachusetts and visited CT many times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been through Connecticut a number of times but have never really visited there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to CT. New England is on my bucket list of places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, I live on the west coast of Canada,and the only time I was in the Eastern US, I visited New Jersey.Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lived in Gales Ferry, CT from 1967-1972. My brother lives outside of Storrs, CT. I was rooting for UConn in both NCAA finals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I visited NYC and Long Island when I was 5. That's as close as I've ever been.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I have never lived or visited out there. I hope to get there some time in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have visited CT, but that was when I was in elementary school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never visited Connecticut. My only trips to your part of the world were one to Quebec in 1976 and one to Florida in 2005. Could do better!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!