Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Rosebud Quilt Block and Walking Wednesdays

Rosebud Quilt Block Pattern Information
 
It is snowing outside once again
 

 
and I am inside, remembering a recent walk in much warmer weather
 
 
with lovely roses
 
in a variety of colors
 
 
 
as well as exotic flowers, not seen in Colorado
 
 
 
and wild strawberries, like we have in Colorado (just not this early!)
 
But the very best part of the walk was my walking buddy! 
I plan on taking many more wonderful walks with him in the future!  
 
What have you seen on your recent walks?  Inquiring minds want to know!   By commenting, you'll be entering this month's give-away of Marie Bostwick's newest book APART AT THE SEAMS, coming out the end of this month.  Three lucky people will each win a copy, courtesy of Kensington Publishing!  If you are reading this via email, you must click on the title of my blog post to be able to comment and read the comments of others.  The winner will be announced on May 1. 
 
You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post Colorado Beauty Quilt Block and Signs of April in Colorado. 

9 comments:

  1. Today Sarah (my dog) and I took a couple of short walks with Lynn and Devon, in Council Grove where we saw some neat historic spots, and the Tall Grass Prairie National Preserve near Strong City where we enjoyed the magnificent views of the Flint Hills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your rosebud block and all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Friday I saw 5 trumpeter swans and several red-wing blackbirds on my walk. I was sure spring had arrived. I was mistaken. We had a storm yesterday that left us 15 inches of new snow. It's like winter has started all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the walking I've done lately is back and forth to the car repair shop a few blocks away. Hopefully yesterday was the last time. Not much to see between here and there, since we don't have any blooms yet, and, lots of trash is still tossed around out there. I keep forgetting to bring a bag to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to look twice because I thought the title said "Redbud Quilt Block and ....." The Redbud trees in Kansas are blooming so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My walks this week have included bluebonnets, indian paintbrushes, ducks, bunnies etc. Spring is in all its glory in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tractors stirring up lots of dust as they harrow the alfalfa fields in preparation of the growing season out here on the farm. Raining today so the weeds on my next walk in the field will be growing and showing off their green!

    ReplyDelete
  8. On my last walk I noticed the dogwoods are almost ready for a photo op. Too bad my camera was not with me because today it is raining.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We walk each night and we enjoy seeing anything new. To watch the new bloom is so delightful. According to my journal we are about one week later than last year. Today was beautiful. Today we noticed who had mowed and we hadn't!
    We saw some redbud starting to bloom.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!