|Cups and Saucers Quilt Block|
Welcome to the social hour of the April meeting of the Quilters' Book Club. Pour yourself a cup of Diana Barry's Favourite Raspberry Cordial and visit a bit with the other members.
Diana Barry's Favourite Raspberry Cordial2 packages frozen unsweetened raspberries
1-1/4 cups sugar
4 cups boiling water
1. Put the unthawed raspberries into a saucepan and add the sugar.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring once in a while for 20-25 minutes until all the sugar has dissolved.
3. Mash the raspberries and syrup thoroughly with a potato masher.
4. Pour the mixture through the strainer, making sure you extract all the juice. Discard the pulp.
5. Squeeze 2 of the lemons and strain the juice. Add it to the raspberry juice.
6. Boil 4 cups of water and add it to the raspberry juice.
7. Let the raspberry cordial cool, then chill it in the refrigerator.
8. When the cordial is ready to serve, float a thin slice of lemon in each glass.
from The Anne of Green Gables Cookbook by Kate Macdonald
Here's another interesting post about Diana's Favourite Raspberry Cordial:
This month we're reading The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini. On her website, Jennifer says that her favorite author is Jane Austen (who, by the way, was also a quilter).
Now it's your turn. Tell us about your reading life. Who is your favorite author/authors? What type of books do you especially enjoy reading - historical fiction, mystery, fantasy, science fiction, contemporary fiction, etc.? What books did you enjoy reading as a child? Inquiring minds what to know!
Remember that by commenting, you are also entering your name for a chance to win Marie Bostwick's latest novel Between Heaven and Texas, a prequel to her Cobbled Court Quilts series. The winner will be announced May 1. The more Quilters' Book Club posts you comment on, the more chances you have to win!
You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post: April Redwork Snowman