Sunday, October 6, 2013

Star of Hope Quilt Block and a Song for Sunday


Star of Hope Quilt Block
 The Solid Rock
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.



On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.


- by Edward Mote (1797-1874), first published in 1837

Listen to Page CXVI's version of The Solid Rock here.  Like what you hear?  Visit their website here.
 
You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post here.

5 comments:

  1. Nice block & love the fabrics too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabric choices for the quilt block. And OF COURSE I love the hymn with the beautiful red rock. So appropriate, so true! The Lord bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that hymn adn those rocks in creation! Cool block, I don't remember seeing that one!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!