Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sheep Fold Quilt Block and a Song for Sunday



Crown Him with Many Crowns

Crown Him with many crowns,
The Lamb upon His throne:
Hark! how the heavenly anthem drowns
All music but its own!
Awake, my soul, and sing
Of Him who died for thee,
And hail Him as thy matchless King
Thru all eternity. 

Crown Him the Lord of love:
Behold His hands and side -
Rich wounds, yet visible above,
In beauty glorified.
No angel in the sky
Can fully bear that sight,
But downward bends his wondering eye
At mysteries so bright.

- Matthew Bridges, 1852 and Godfrey Thring 1874





(Sky photos courtesy of my husband!)
You might also enjoy my previous blog post here.

6 comments:

  1. I know there are many who love the loud and repetitive modern songs, but to me, these have stood the test of time for a reason. Stunning sky pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! I can't ever remember the words to this hymn, even though the melody is so familiar. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so, so much for sharing this hymn - it's one of my favorites! Great post, all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That brought back memories! Thanks so much for sharing. Tell your husband he can always take more pictures for you to share. Love those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What absolutely fantastic photos of the sky/clouds. Really really love them. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo's and block! Now, just for fun...tell us the names of the clouds. LOL! Yep..science class project.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!