Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Hug and a Kiss Quilt for My Newest Daughter-in-Law, Part I


I just completed a quilt for my newest daughter-in-law, Shea.  The pattern is called "A Hug and a Kiss."  She always signs an "X" and "O" with her name, so I thought this was the perfect pattern for her.  I found a few Hugs and Kisses quilt patterns online, but she chose this one by McCall's Quilting.  This was my favorite, too.  It was a lot of fun to make. 

 I will post more photos tomorrow, including close-ups of the quilting.  Right now, I'm off to more parent-teacher conferences at school! 

You might also enjoy my previous blog post here.

9 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! It looks just like Shea. I know she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty..
    I'm sure she will love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet. All she needs now is a good book to cuddle up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like this one. Colours are warm and inviting.
    Shirley in Cuenca, EC

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious gift. She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when a quilt has special meaning - beautiful! Hope the conferences went well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that version of the hugs and kisses better than others that I have seen. It is a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!