Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Hug and a Kiss Quilt for My Newest Daughter-in-Law, Part I


I just completed a quilt for my newest daughter-in-law, Shea.  The pattern is called "A Hug and a Kiss."  She always signs an "X" and "O" with her name, so I thought this was the perfect pattern for her.  I found a few Hugs and Kisses quilt patterns online, but she chose this one by McCall's Quilting.  This was my favorite, too.  It was a lot of fun to make. 

 I will post more photos tomorrow, including close-ups of the quilting.  Right now, I'm off to more parent-teacher conferences at school! 

You might also enjoy my previous blog post here.

9 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! It looks just like Shea. I know she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty..
    I'm sure she will love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet. All she needs now is a good book to cuddle up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty... looks so soft and cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like this one. Colours are warm and inviting.
    Shirley in Cuenca, EC

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious gift. She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when a quilt has special meaning - beautiful! Hope the conferences went well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that version of the hugs and kisses better than others that I have seen. It is a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!