|Drunkard's Path Quilt Block Directions |
at Egg Money Quilts by Eleanor Burns
This month, the Quilters' Book Club is reading and discussing A Drunkard's Path by Clare O'Donohue, the second of her Someday Quilts Mystery Series. We'd love to have you join us. Grab the book from your local library and start reading! If you want to read it on your Kindle, click here.
A Drunkard's Path is considered a cozy mystery. This wonderful site http://www.cozy-mystery.com/ defines just what a cozy mystery is:
1. “The crime-solver is usually a woman who is an amateur sleuth.”
2. “Although the cozy mystery sleuth is usually not a medical examiner, detective, or police officer, a lot of times her best friend, husband, or significant other is.”
3. “The local police force doesn’t take the amateur sleuth very seriously.”
4. “Cozy mysteries are considered ‘gentle’ books … no graphic violence, no profanity, and no explicit sex. Most often, the crime takes place ‘off stage’ and death is usually very quick.”
5. “The cozy mystery usually takes place in a small picturesque town or village.”
6. “Cozy mysteries tend to be fast-paced, with several twists and turns throughout each book. There are usually several red herrings to provide distracting clues to the reader.”
7. “The cozy mystery puts an emphasis on plots and character development.”
8. “A cozy mystery is often part of a series.”
Which of these aspects of a cozy mystery is most important to you? Inquiring minds want to know! By commenting, you'll be entering to win a copy of A Time for Peace (Quilts of Lancaster County) by Barbara Cameron. The more posts you comment on, the greater your chances of winning. If you are reading this via email, you must click on the title of my blog post to be able to comment and read the comments of others. The winner will be announced on April 1.
You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post Gold Nuggets Quilt Block and a Song for Sunday.