Sunday, March 30, 2014

Bright Hopes Quilt Block and a Song for Sunday

Bright Hopes Quilt Block Pattern Information
 
Great Is Thy Faithfulness
 
Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not;
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
 
Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon, and stars in their courses above;
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy, and love.
 
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside!
 
words by Thomas O. Chisholm (1866-1960), 1923
 
 
You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post Cups and Saucers Quilt Block and Coffee with Nell at Carrie's New Coffee Shop.


2 comments:

  1. I love those old standards so much better than the popular rah-rah-feel-good songs that are coming out today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stain glass picture. The colors are stunning.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!