I made these six Christmas aprons to have on hand for whomever might be helping me with Christmas cooking and baking. I found fun Christmas fabric at my local quilt store and made the pattern by tracing around an apron I already had. I enjoyed mixing and matching the different fabrics to create six unique aprons.
Here is another traditional Christmas cookie recipe from my mother. Enjoy!
Christmas Sugar Balls
1 cup shortening
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon water
2 cups flour
1 cup chopped nuts
Red and green sugar
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Cream shortening, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in water. Add flour and mix just until combined. Stir in nuts.
4. Shape in one-inch balls and roll in red or green sugar.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until firm to touch. Cool before removing from cooking sheet.
You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post: