This January Wooly Basket block is part of my Wooly Basket Calendar Quilt. The pattern is from the Starry Pines Pattern Company: http://starrypinespatterncompany.com/spindex2.html
I used wool for the hand-appliqued basket, cotton flannel for the background fabric, and black perle cotton for the embroidery.
Pile three deep
On the old wooden sled,
Cheeks frozen red.
Scrunch, crunch, scrunch,
Boots punch holes in snow.
From three small balls,
Watch a snowman grow.
One free night
Of homework skipping.
A friend’s toboggan
Is ours to borrow –
Please let there be
No school tomorrow!
Carol H. Stewart
cipes for cocoa sipping and cookie dipping on a snow day!
8-quart sized box of powdered milk
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups powdered sugar
6–7 ounces powdered coffee creamer (We like French Vanilla.)
1 pound box Nestle’s Chocolate Quick
1. Mix well with a wooden spoon and store in an airtight container.
2. To make cocoa, fill a cup almost half full of mix. Stir while filling cup with hot water.
3. Add marshmallows, whipped cream, or a peppermint stick for an extra treat!
½ cup vegetable oil
4 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Mix oil, chocolate, and sugar. Blend in eggs until well mixed. Add vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Blend flour mixture into oil mixture. Chill several hours or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake! Makes about 6 dozen cookies.
You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post: